up to 25 Short Sticks (or something else to mark letters), Snow
(optional) Snowman materials: hat, scarf, buttons, etc.
- This game is hangman with a snowy twist.
- This game is to be played outside and requires a minimum of two players to play the game.
- Like in traditional Hangman, one person, the “password selector”, will pick a word or phrase, and using branches or even simply making marks in the snow identify the number of letters in the word or phrase.
- After the markings have been made the game can begin. The other player(s) can start guessing letters
- If a letter is correctly guessed, the Password Selector will carve that letter into the snow at each position that letter appears in the secret word / phrase.
- If a letter is incorrectly guessed, instead of simply drawing out a stick figure on a paper, the Password Selector will add a piece to a snowman.
- To save time the snowman’s main parts can be built in advance, but not yet assembled.
- If the snowman is completely built before the people can guess the word the game is over and can be restarted. (You should pre-determine how many pieces must be added for a round to be considered over. Suggested snowman parts include: head, torso, bottom, arms, eyes, nose, mouth and hat if available.)